Praying through Scripture can be immensely helpful.
Here are 10 verses that I often pray and meditate on when I am anxious.
They have been so helpful for me when I am in situations that bring up anxiety:
1. Be strong and courageous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. (Joshua 1:9)
2. You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. (Psalm 32:7-8)
3. The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and delivers them. (Psalm 34:7)
4. I sought the Lord, and he answered me, and delivered me from all my fears. (Psalm 34:4)
5. When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your love, O Lord, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul. (Psalm 94:18-19)
6. When I called, you answered me; you made me bold and stouthearted. (Psalm 138:3)
7. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)
8. Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. (Matthew 11: 28-31)
9. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. (John 14:27)
10. Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, beloved, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is pleasing, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. (Philippians 4:6-8).
Written by Chris Grace from Biola University’s Center for Marriage and Relationships.